AC Maintenance, Inspection And Tune-up Service
Proudly Servicing Houston Since 1995
There are some AC Maintenance procedures we always recommend the homeowner do if they are able. The most important is to replace your air filters at least every other month.
Regular Air Conditioning System AC Maintenance
We perform regularly scheduled preventive AC Maintenance and repair service for your AC, which includes filter inspection and cleaning, troubleshooting, replacement of defective parts, and even more. Old air filters strain your system and as a result often causes other problems. But you can add at least 5 years to your system’s life by replacing your air filter when it needs to be replaced.
Air Conditioner Filters
The most important AC maintenance task that will ensure the efficiency of your air conditioner also is to routinely replace or clean its filters. Clogged, dirty filters block normal airflow and reduce a system’s efficiency significantly. With normal airflow obstructed, air that bypasses the filter may carry dirt directly into the evaporator coil. Replacing a dirty, clogged filter with a clean one can lower your air conditioner’s energy so the consumption drops by 5% to 15%.
Filters may need more frequent attention if the air conditioner is in constant use, is subjected to dusty conditions. Or if you have fur-bearing pets in the house. Some types of filters are reusable but others must be replaced. They are available in a variety of types and efficiencies. Clean or replace your air conditioning system’s filter or filters every month or two during the cooling season. Filters may need more frequent attention if the air conditioner is in constant use, is subjected to dusty conditions.
Hiring a Professional
When your air conditioner needs more than regular ac maintenance, hire a professional service technician. A well-trained technician will find and fix problems in your air conditioning system. We service Katy, Cinco Ranch, Richmond, Sugar Land, Fulshear, Cypress, Spring, The Woodlands Humble and more. All Houston Repairs also provides refrigerator repair, washer repair, dryer repair, oven repair, dishwasher repair. We also work on any appliance brand including Bosch, Viking, Sub Zero, Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Samsung, LG, GE, Dacor, Thermador and many more.
The technician should:
- Check for correct amount of refrigerant
- Test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector
- Capture any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the atmosphere
- Check for and seal duct leakage in central systems
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
- Verify the correct electric control sequence and make sure that the heating system and cooling system cannot operate simultaneously
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections, and apply a non-conductive coating if necessary
- Oil motors and check belts for tightness and wear
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.